AOK partners with Ozarks Food Harvest, the Good Samaritan and local volunteers to provide healthy balanced snacks and meals. Menus comply with the USDA Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
Each snack includes two of the following components:
- 1 eight ounce serving of 1% milk OR
- seven ounces of 100% fruit juice OR
- 1 serving of grain or protein
Each meal includes:
- 1 eight ounce serving of 1% milk
- 2 vegetables (3/4 cup each) OR
- 1 fruit and 1 vegetable (3/4 cup each)
- 1 two ounce serving of protein
- 1 serving of grain equal to one slice of bread
Ozarks Food Harvest (OFH) is the only food bank serving 28 southwest Missouri counties. The Feeding America® member food bank Transforms Hunger into Hope for 170,000 food insecure individuals through its 200 partner pantries and programs, including After School & Summer Food Programs. These programs provide healthy meals and snacks to at-risk children while teaching the importance of good nutrition and food safety. Many also give children the opportunity to learn how to prepare and clean up meals. To learn more, go to ozarksfoodharvest.org.
Established in 1967, the Good Samaritan Shop (aka Lamar Area Christian Ministries) is a non-profit organization that provides free and reduced-cost food, clothes and household items to eligible residents of Barton County Missouri. For more information, call 417.682.5396.