Prevention Services Director
Full time position.
Under supervision of the Executive Director, the Prevention Services Director provides leadership and oversight for all Prevention Services programs and policies concerning area middle school and high school youth.
Education & Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Education, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Training in prevention education, public speaking, and above all, respect and appreciation of youth voice and culture required.
Skills, Abilities, & Work Experience
- At least five (5) years progressively responsible experience in management and/or leadership roles.
- Experience in developing and presenting educational curricula needed.
- Analytical ability to assess community needs and relationships to assist in developing policy and procedures, formulate agency goals, resolve complex management situations and evaluate quality of services and staff needs.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills to relate to all levels of professional, educational, religious andservice communities; general public; and youth.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflicts and promote teamwork.
- Managerial ability to organize, direct and manage all levels of paid and unpaid staff and volunteers.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
I. VISION AND MISSION
- Works effectively with Executive Director, key staff, and volunteers to assess, develop, implement and communicate Prevention Services in coordination with AOK’s vision and mission.
- Assures all employees are informed of legislative, social, and community developments affecting AOK and Prevention Services.
- Complies with and meets/exceeds grant goals, outcomes and objectives.
II. DEVELOPMENT, FUNDRAISING, MARKETING, & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Formulates and implements development plans and programs to meet identified needs and future plans.
- Effectively markets Prevention Services to schools, churches, community and donors.
- Assists in development and implementation of advertising and public relations.
- Directs and supervises Prevention Services programs and services.
- Monitors and insures financial viability of Prevention Services programs and projects.
- Substantiates need and effectively recruits and selects staff.
- Provides consistent supervision and support for paid and unpaid staff.
- Assures trainings are scheduled and implemented.
IV. Direct Services
- Develops/implements middle school/high school prevention/service learning programs, with occasional weekend/evening work.
- Communicates with school officials, law enforcement, and parents regarding student needs and progress.
- Conducts service learning and prevention training with teens.
- Provides parent learning opportunities.
- Provides outreach to home education families as needed.
- Develops and implements incentive program for youth.
- Delivers presentations for AOK as requested.
- Completes all required reports and forms each month including but not limited to the following:
- Required project reports
- Attendance logs
- Activity reports including projects completed, service hours, reward points
- Monthly activity calendar
- Follows AOK and partner policies and procedures and maintains good relationships with all staff.
- Attends training as needed, including overnight travel.